Upgrade from FM8 to 11?

Linda Pelton lapelton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 21:48:58 PDT 2012

Tim,

I currently own Frame 8 at home. Was upgraded from Frame 8 at work to
Frame 10 because a newly acquired company writer had Frame 7. I still
hate Frame 10. The pods are an abomination as far as I am concerned.
Unless you unpod them, some of the dialogs which spawn an intermediate
dialog, disappear without you having an opportunity to apply. Most of
the time the keycodes don't work for applying paragraph or character
formatting. I constantly click in the bottom bar to reactivate them - -
double click here, double click there -- extra steps that were seamless
in Frame 8. Half the time I find the pods in my way. Thank goodness I
kept my Frame 8 active at home. I even went so far as to revert to Frame
8 at the office for awhile, but with sharing files with two other
writers that became more hassle than it was worth. I haven't had the
book pdf issues, but our company has pretty ordinary books of 200 or so
pages without complex formatting.

If I were you, I would stick with Frame 8 as long as you can.

Linda Pelton
Overture Networks, Inc.