Can Frame's default color definitions be changed?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Oct 16 18:32:58 PDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 19:50:24 -0400, Fred Ridder
<docudoc at hotmail.com> wrote:

>The American definition was as a fraction of a foot:
>0.013837 (or 1/72.27) to be exact. That works out
>to 4.2175 mm.
>
>But the computer world likes rounder numbers, and the
>computer pica is 1/72 of a foot (specifically the
>metrically redefined foot of 1959), and that works out
>to 4.23333... mm.

The latter size, 6 picas per inch, we (typesetters)
in 1970 called the "IBM pica", because it was invented
by IBM for the MTST (Magnetic Tape Selectric Typewriter),
the predecessor of the word processor.  I still have
both the steel pica sticks we used when specifying for
hot-metal (or foundry type) composition in "real picas",
and the one with the IBM logo for the MTST...  ;-)

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/