Can Frame's default color definitions be changed? - a solution

Carol J. Elkins celkins at awrittenword.com
Wed Oct 17 08:22:13 PDT 2012

Rebecca, you are brilliant! I had assumed that because the imported
colors were overrides to the paratag, I wouldn't be able to do
anything to them. It didn't even occur to me that I could search for
them. I was looking for a much harder solution. Thanks so much for the "push."

Carol

At 08:39 PM 10/16/2012, rebecca officer wrote:
>You can use FM's Find/Change for this.
>Then, in your document:
>Define your new colour.
>Then click outside the text frame on any page, so you don't have a
>cursor in any text.
>Then open Find/Change dialog and select Find >Character Format.
>The Find Character Format dialog opens and should have everything
>set to As Is. Change the colour to Green and click Set.
>Then select Change > To Character Format, make sure everything is
>set to As Is, select the new colour, and click Set.
>Then click the Change All button. All instances of Green will
>magically change to your new colour.

Carol J. Elkins---A Written Word LLC
Making Information Understandable
Phone: 719-948-3773