Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews?

Deanna Korth deanna.korth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 11:47:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

We are migrating from FrameMaker 7.2 to FrameMaker 11. In our current
workflow, we create a PDF file and use Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional to
enable commenting in it so that reviewers who don't have FrameMaker can
electronically review and comment on our FrameMaker documents. We then
merge the electronic comments into the PDF file and manually change the
FrameMaker files accordingly.

For FrameMaker 11, Adobe advertises, "Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip
reviews." I've searched, but I can't find how these types of reviews are
implemented. Can you briefly explain how this feature works? Mainly I want
to know if we need to purchase Adobe Acrobat Professional X to retain our
ability to solicit electronic reviews from reviewers who don't have
FrameMaker or if the need for Acrobat Professional is eliminated by this
feature in FrameMaker 11.

Thanks,

Deanna.