Collaborate with PDF-based roundtrip reviews?

Matt Sullivan nospam at mattrsullivan.com
Wed Oct 17 12:03:40 PDT 2012

Hi Deanna
First, they released Acrobat XI today or yesterday, so you'll likely be doing your work with XI instead of X.

Next, you'll need Acrobat Pro on the machine producing the PDF, and from there you can initiate reviews with your team using anything from Reader (9 or above) to Acrobat Pro (9 or above). If I recall correctly, this has been true since Acrobat 5 or so.

I have successfully run reviews with this setup and then  migrated comments back into the FM document (FM 10 and 11) with the supplied workflow, which is a fraction of the effort required to manually apply changes to the original FM document.

-Matt
@mattrsullivan