Adding a version number to PDF file property

jon.harvey at teradyne.com jon.harvey at teradyne.com
Wed Oct 17 07:32:53 PDT 2012

{This is my first posting from this email address and I'm not sure it went
through the first time. As a result, I'm reposting}

Everyone,

Is there a way to incorporate a version number into the properties of a PDF
file so that it appears in Window explorer properties? To see what I mean,
do this:

1. In Windows Explorer, right-click any PDF file and select Properties.
2. Select the Details tab.

The details for the PDF include the file name, type, folder path, size,
etc. but not a file version. However, if you view the details of an
application file, its file version appears.

How can I add the file version properties for a PDF file?