how to create an embedded mini-TOC or similar?

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Thu Oct 18 12:08:00 PDT 2012

FM10. I have this 150-page chapter that's similar to an API reference.
Each of 4-500 settings has its own topic starting with a "heading 1"
of its name. The headings are in alphabetical order.

There are obstacles to creating context-sensitive help so as a
workaround I'd like to create a compact, multi-column list of links at
the beginning of the chapter. Any suggestions on how to do that?

The headings rarely if ever change so I could live without it updating
dynamically.

I thought maybe I'd start by creating a table of contents for the
chapter, but it doesn't have hyperlinks the way the book TOC does.