OWL Interface Resources

Klaus Daube frame at daube.ch
Tue Oct 30 13:37:19 PDT 2012

On 29 Oct 2012 at 15:54, Jeff Coatsworth wrote:

> I thought Klaus Daube had done some work on that during the beta phase.
> Might want to try him?

Freiends,
the only thing I could do with my knowledge and tools is:
- extract all images (icons) from owlres.dll, fmres.dll and fmcustom.dll to get their names.
- use some of these icons (by name) in tool bar xml-files.
The icons are there in a png-notation.
fmcustom.dll now also contains png images, no more bmp bit maps.
I have pdfs with all the images and names, see http://www.daube.ch/docu/fmaker60.html

You may look into http://www.daube.ch/docu/files/etb-customising-fm.pdf and

Dialogs from owlres.dll can be seen in a resource editor, the items can be changed - but i have not
tested whether they can be 'saved/compiled' again ...
Dialogs are split into two resources in the Adam and Eve container (yes that's the names of them). The
items look (for me) like c-programs. If you open owlres.dll in a hex editor you see this text starting
about in the middle of the file.

This OWL stuff is Adobe special - i have not found any explanation of the term owl. Googling leads to
quite old documents about Borland ObjectWindows containing this abbreviation in number - but is it
this?

To sum up: I have no idea how to modify the owl-dialogs.

Klaus