Bloated HTML mapping pages and CNTRL L

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Wed Oct 31 15:50:07 PDT 2012

Thanks Framers for the advice.
I searched the archives of this list serv and found a super plug-in called
CleanImport. However it is only tested up to FM 10
Nevertheless, I correctly placed the unzipped  .dll in the plugin folder,
but nothing showed up when I restarted FM.
I have written to the French company which seems terrific as they have quite
a few handy plugins and they specialize in Framemaker.
However, I could not even register because of site faults. So if anybody
knows about this company I would be grateful.

Yes, I must delete the HTML mapping, but with a 10,000 page book file with
over 90 files you can see why I need some scripting help or something. That
works out as about 9,000 individual deletes.
The reference page apparatus sure does need some redesigning.

Rob Lauriston asked if I used Control L.
Well, yes, but was not surprised when it did nothing. " L"  is my most
worn-out key.
I have elsewhere commented on the failure of cntrl l, one) to clear flashing
[11 is a bad flasher] and 2) to reinstate footnote separator lines

What I have done as a work around is open a new file, import the bloated
files, (not copy and paste) requesting the use of this empty  document's
formats, then I import formats from the template. Clumsy no doubt, then
overwrite the original file. Careful, steady work, but so far have done
4,900 pages.

I do own FrameScript, but have been too lazy to learn it.

I found the help in our forum in a series of 2008 posts; see below.

Message: 9