Make clipboard paste text as unicode

Thu Sep 6 13:28:31 PDT 2012

Studio Smalbro wrote:

> My FrameMaker 10 has a modified maker.ini which sets txt as primary
> format when pasting from clipboard. But now I need to be able to paste
> as unicode text. I need to paste russian text from a spreadsheet into
> FrameMaker without making all sorts of havoc. How do I fix that? Right
> now I merely get the infamous rows of question marks when trying to
> copy
> paste even though I use Times New Roman Cyr.

I'm looking at an unmodified FM 10 maker.ini, and it contains this:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities=FILE, MIFW, MIF, RTF, OLE 2, META, EMF,  DIB, BMP, UNICODE TEXT, TEXT

Have you tried moving UNICODE TEXT into first place ahead of TEXT? E.g.:

ClipboardFormatsPriorities= UNICODE TEXT, TEXT, FILE, MIFW, MIF, RTF, OLE 2, META, EMF,  DIB, BMP

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom