FM10 special character

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Sep 7 10:57:57 PDT 2012

On 07/09/2012 1:48 PM, Combs, Richard wrote:
> Lin Sims wrote:
>
>> That's interesting, because I've got Frame 10 running right now, and
>> CharacterMap.exe is NOT a running process for me.
>>
>> Examining maker.ini shows some settings for it, but none seem to
>> control when it starts. Is it definitely not starting until you start
>> Frame 10, or is it running before you start Frame?
>
> It starts when I start FM 10 and stops when I stop FM 10. Have you started it from within FM 10 yet? I'm thinking maybe once you do that, FM 10 remembers that it was running and restarts it the next time.
>
> Richard G. Combs
> Senior Technical Writer
> Polycom, Inc.
> richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom
> 303-223-5111
> ------
> rgcombs AT gmailDOTcom
> 303-903-6372
> ------

Are your operating systems the same?  I had lots of problems with
CharacterMap.exe (FM 9, Win XP). It would not close when FM was closed,
and chewed up all my resources, bringing the system to a crawl.  I had
to use End Process on it to get the OS freed up again.

I have not had the problem since changing to FM10 and Win 7 64.

s.

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator