Converting Framemaker to Sharepoint

Jang F.M. Graat jang at jang.nl
Wed Sep 19 10:40:35 PDT 2012

Hello Cindy,

Maybe I am blonde but I don't get it. Your company wants authors to write content in SharePoint ???

I hadn't heard of this great new editor called SharePoint. Actually, the Microsoft SharePoint does not mention an integrated editor. They just assume everyone on this planet uses Microshot Office.

I do know that you can connect to Sharepoint from FrameMaker and use Sharepoint as a CMS - which is what I had understood it really is. Not a good CMS, and certainly not the CCMS that modern documentation developers need, but yes, it can store stuff for you. "Converting to Sharepoint" sounds like some people have no idea what the heck they are talking about. Unfortunately, such people are often in control of business and get to call the shots.

If they want you to convert to Word from FrameMaker, it is really time to go look for another job...

Good luck. You'll need it

Jang

JANG Communication
Coaching - Copywriting - Consulting