Getting started with Context-Sensitive Help

Robert Lauriston robert at lauriston.com
Fri Sep 21 14:46:04 PDT 2012

In FrameMaker, all you need to do is insert TopicAlias markers to
define the help targets which will be linked to the application via
the map (aka header) file.

What flavor of application is it? Java, C++, Web application ...? The
developers need to do some work on their side.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSFE586D66-E937-45bd-9F7B-3425A0D02B42.html

There are two basic approaches: (1) the developers maintain the map
file and give it to you to import into RoboHelp, or (2) you generate
the map file with RoboHelp and give it to them. I've always done (1).

You might check out Adobe's the Robohelp - FrameMaker integration forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/robohelp/robohelp_framemaker

Frankly, if you're starting from scratch, I suggest you use MIF2Go
instead. RoboHelp is inflexible, generates messy HTML, and simply does
some things wrong.