Batch saving files in FrameMaker 11

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 05:47:56 PDT 2012

Ok, so after three responses I posted this plugin.  My site is cudspan.net.  From there, go to Business > CudSpan Plug-ins, and hit the Freeware tab.  Then look at 11.0 Plug-ins.  Also note, I posted a Java tool that changes filename extensions.  (It should be self-explanatory.)  It can be helpful if you're trying to recover a full book of MIFs, or if you're trying to migrate to an earlier version of Maker.

As usual, I take no responsibility for any use of these tools, be it for good or evil.  As in, don't blame me if you loose data...  Back up your work!

Cheers             cud

I have a plugin that automatically saves a copy of each document as MIF...  This is a super-backup and you can then open the MIF in any version of Maker.  I just keep it running all the time.  Saves are a bit slower, but I sleep better at night.  If I get any interest, I'll put it on my site as freeware...