Frame 7.1/Acrobat 9: unable to generate PS or save as PDF

Mike Wickham info at mikewickham.com
Sun Sep 23 18:50:49 PDT 2012

On 9/23/2012 11:52 AM, Shmuel Wolfson wrote:
> Why can't you just print to any postscript printer (that you can
> install via Windows) and double-click on the PS file to create the
> PDF? I have Frame 9 and Acrobat 7.x and that works for me.

Doesn't that limit the PDF to the capabilities of the printer driver? So
if you create a PDF using a B&W HP PostScript driver, you may get a PDF,
but won't it lack color in it? And I don't think you can create a
11"x17" PDF page with an 8.5"x11" printer driver. The benefit of
printing to the Adobe PDF driver is that it is device independent and
able to handle all features.

Mike Wickham