Document revision control

Amy Super ASuper at confluence.com
Mon Sep 24 05:19:26 PDT 2012

Thank you to everyone who responded. I'm not sure why my email didn't go
through until Friday when I sent it Wednesday, but that's OK. I ended up
putting Subversion first on my list of things to evaluate, so I'm glad
to see that others have had success with it.

Thanks also for the discussion of .mif vs .fm - at my last job, I was
asked to keep files as .mif for storage space reasons, but I never saw
the sense of it given that I couldn't read the diffs anyway.
Realistically the files weren't gigantic, but that was a very small shop
with odd priorities.

One more question for those of you who use Subversion - does it work
like Perforce, where you have a copy of the files on your local machine,
and then you check them in and out and refresh your local files from the
main depot? I really liked that because it did a good job of handling
images placed by reference, and other relative file links.

Thanks again!
Amy