zoom freedom!

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Sep 24 12:35:42 PDT 2012

I always (well, since FM 6) thought the only way to zoom a document was
to select a preset from the pick list (which could only be altered in
maker.ini or with the Set command).

But I just discovered that you can type any number you like in the zoom
box where FM 11 lists only 25/50/80/100.  Clicking the zoom level
selects the contents, and you can type something like "521", hit enter,
and get that magnification.  Numbers larger than 1600 are replaced by
1600; less than 25 are replaced by 25.  So even though Adobe forgot to
include all the old familiar sizings and the Set command on FM 11's zoom
picker, you can quickly get whatever size you need.

Works in 9 and 10, too.

(And no, it's not documented in "Use status bar controls" in the FM 11
Help, which is unchanged since at least FM 8.)

best,
Stuart

--
Stuart Rogers