More bad news on TCS4: no longer includes Photoshop

Rob Shell rshell at iafrica.com
Wed Sep 26 03:22:51 PDT 2012

Dear framers:
 I must add that I have found another disadvantage to buying TCS4,
especially if you are a first-time buyer.
TCS4 does not include Photoshop, whereas TCS2 does, or did.
I must confess that I find it odd that Adobe and not a single reviewer has
mentioned this.
If you are a student, it would be better to buy TCS2, even though Adobe has
stopped support for this product.
To sum up.
Framemaker 11 has been upgraded for structured documentation not
unstructured.
1. One cannot print a book in unstructured FM11.
2. Forget about online support.
3. Do without Photoshop.
4. Forget about timely patches
As a user of many programs over the years, what I see here is a drastic
cutting down of FrameMaker
Perhaps the FrameMaker accountants are fighting with the programmers and
engineers. Less is more.
I believe that FM is a great product, but the writing is on the wall.
The view from Norton: Few users: slightly unstable.

Rob Shell
Windows Seven
FrameMaker 9 patched
4 GB RAM