Acrobat X pdfs produced by FM10 remain "open"

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:47:19 PDT 2012

Framers,

I'm using Acrobat X in tandem with Framemaker 10 to produce PDFs (thus the posting here). Over that last couple of days Acrobat leaves the files locked after I produce and view and close the files in Acrobat. (The system says the file is still open in Acrobat when I try to replace it.) This also prevents renaming the files. The only solution to "close" the files is to shut down the computer; logging the user off and logging back on does not work. Anybody else seeing this? Any solutions?

Previously my Acrobat X has worked fine except for the brief period in early August when Adobe turned off my Acrobat one month after I installed CS6, which had not installed Acrobat X because I already had it installed since 2/11 when I installed Tech Suite 3 on this computer. Talk about punishing early adopters of their products. Sheesh! That only took a couple hours to untangle!

Any help would be appreciated. Dov?

Thanks.

Craig