Where on Adobe is the info/link to renew my maintenance contract for FrameMaker?

Syed Zaeem Hosain (Syed.Hosain@aeris.net) Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Mon Apr 1 11:01:49 PDT 2013

Hi, Kapil.

Okay, I just got off the phone with somebody "in the FrameMaker team". Her statement to me was that the Update Plan for FrameMaker is indeed either dead, or essentially not available anymore to anybody who has less than 10,000 points in the Adobe systems.

The bottom line: all users with few licenses are essentially shut out.

So, it seems that I did *not* get wrong information from the Adobe sales rep I spoke to before!

For me, this means that FrameMaker 11 is the _last_ version I will ever use (after having been on the FrameMaker wagon since 1988).

Because the version upgrade pricing has gotten way out of hand - from my perspective, _most_ (almost all) of what I paid for with the FM 10 and FM 11 upgrades were bug-fixes for version 9 really!

At $399 for the last upgrade, this is simply not acceptable anymore. Even my purchase of the 2 year update plan was for naught (based on my sign-up date for the Update plan, I had to pay for the FM 11 version upgrade _separately_ anyway), since I have not seen FrameMaker 12 come out in that time.

I have already begun looking for alternatives and will make do without FrameMaker as soon as we can finish this project - I suspect that my last purchase of any FrameMaker-related product will be for Mif2Go to get all current FrameMaker documents into some other tool.

Regards,