FrameMaker -> PDF -> ePub format?

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Fri Apr 5 09:30:10 PDT 2013

Steve...

It looks like you've probably got more info than you need, but let me
thrown in one more. I maintain this website (below) and try to keep the
Resources page up to date with all of the EPUB tools that I'm aware of.
There's a section on "tools that export to EPUB" that will list many
options ..

     http://epubtest.com/resources.php

Yes .. there are tools that convert from PDF to EPUB .. although the
results may be less than desirable.

One point of caution .. when converting from FM (or Word) to EPUB, most
tools will try to emulate the formatting and layout that exists in the
source document. This is typically not a good idea. For a small screen,
you want the most simple and basic layout possible. This is partially
due to the screen size limitations, but also so that it'll look as good
as possible on the widest array of devices and reader apps. Before
sending a document through one of these tools, try to apply a very
stripped down and simplified template, you'll be much happier with the
results. This also helps with the EPUB to Kindle conversion.

Cheers,

...scott