Previous AdobeTCS webinars in Word series, and how to get announcements

Maxwell Hoffmann mhoffman at adobe.com
Sun Apr 7 12:59:32 PDT 2013

A number of forum members have asked me (a) how to access recordings of previous webinars in the "FrameMaker for Word" series and (b) how to stay abreast of upcoming webinars.

(a)    I will start posting announcements in this forum of any webinars that specifically involve FrameMaker. (Some of our webinars are pure "thought leader" with no demo, or focused on other products)

(b)   You can follow me on twitter ... @maxwellhoffmann - and you'll get multiple announcements per webinar

(c)    You can visit our FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/adobetcs

(d)   All upcoming webinars are listed in this URL for the calendar: http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI

(e)   All previously recorded webinars may be found at: http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J

If you are interested in the first 5 episodes of "FrameMaker for Word Users" series (all unstructured FrameMaker so far) which precede this week's episode on workspaces, here is a summary with specific links to the recordings;

Sess 5) Managing styles, catalogs and format overrides for text, tables and graphics
http://adobe.ly/10FODLZ

Sess 4) FrameMaker for Word Users: Books, multiple versions from single source files, TOC/IX and Xrefs
http://adobe.ly/YXCCkn

Sess 3) Page layout, anchored frames and rich graphics
http://adobe.ly/10FOKYa

Sess 2) Tables, tabs, global cautions and warnings
http://adobe.ly/YFcIDU

Sess 1) Converting Word docs to FrameMaker
http://adobe.ly/YvxB4j

NOTE: you need a free adobe.com account for log-in credentials to either register for a webinar or to view a recording.

Here is a repeat of this week's webinar (also asked for by a few), which will focus on FrameMaker workspaces:

Best way to use "pods" in #FrameMaker<https://sproutsocial.com/discovery/#%23FrameMaker> UI? Apr11 webinar 9AM PAC adobe.ly/11dYMCf<http://adobe.ly/11dYMCf> "Sess 6) customized workspaces & Quick Edits in FM"

Note: the FrameMaker for Word series is positioned near a beginner level, but it does include a lot of  "old" functionality that not all users are aware of. Even if you are a competent or advanced user (a) you might learn something and (b) it may give you some tools to communicate how FrameMaker works to your team members who only understand Word. All forum members are welcomed to attend. Please share the tweet if you have followers whom you think could benefit.

Maxwell Hoffmann |  Product  Evangelist  |  Adobe  |  p. 503.336.5952  |  c. 503.805.3719  |  mhoffman at adobe.com<mailto:mhoffman at adobe.com>
http://twitter.com/maxwellhoffmann -  http://www.linkedin.com/in/maxwellhoffmann  blogs.adobe.com/techcomm
Upcoming webinars http://adobe.ly/Pbz6xI    Recorded webinars: http://adobe.ly/Pbdp0J