Framers: What good uses are Pods ?

Hassan Chamas sam.h.chamas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 13:11:26 PDT 2013

Let me be more specific. I am new to Framemaker but I am taking the time to learn it. Im looking to clarify the uses of  Pods.

I have read that Pods are frequently used dialog boxes that have an interface designed to simplify your work.

When I look at the panel and pods, whats the advantage of making it "easier" to use Pods when i have panels ? I know I don't have much experience, but I tried to learn more on the Internet and all I see is moving pods/panels around to make your workspace easier. Also, is their any efficiency  to using Pods rather then panels ? I guess what Im looking for are Framers who have experience and can give me their insight on their own experience and to get motivated to use them.

Thank you

Sam from Montreal, Canada