Imported text

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 04:34:13 PDT 2013

At 11:04 -0700 22/4/13, meg miranda wrote:

>I just wanted to see how common it is to use imported text files in Frame books.
>
>Do you use this Frame feature?
>If so, do you use it to reuse or share text?

In contrast to what others have posted, I work on textbooks mainly in Frame and the copyright info tends to change, so I don't use text imports for that. Perhaps the most common use for me is importing the author's software code examples. But now that I think about that, there's not a lot of advantage over copy-paste unless they get updated often.

Duplicated common text can also be handled using xrefs.

--
Steve [Trim e-mails: use less disk, use less power, use less planet]