Variables based on paragraph tags at the book level?

Jason Nichols jason at mkjn.org
Fri Apr 26 09:44:19 PDT 2013

Is there a way to use the 12 built-in Running H/F variables in
FrameMaker to pull in text based on paragraph tags that appear only in
other documents within the book?

For example, it'd be nice if I could define – in the footer of each
chapter in a book – the Running H/F variables to pull in the document
title, product name, and version number based on what appears on the
book's title page (based on paragraph tags that are used only in the
title page file).

Or, is the only way to set up those kinds of book-wide variables to
define our own variables in one file and import them to all the other
files in the book?

Thanks in advance,

Jason Nichols
jason at mkjn.org