Windows 7 + FrameMaker 11 = BOOM!

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Aug 9 06:32:32 PDT 2013

Hi Ken,

I would be tempted to do an informal "downgrade" and have all of the writers
use FrameMaker 8. I am running FrameMaker 8 with Windows 7 with no problems.
In my opinion, FrameMaker 8 is still the "gold" version of FrameMaker as far
as speed and stability.

Otherwise, make sure the writers have plenty of RAM. In my opinion, 8 GB is
the minimum. This may help with the performance problems.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-283-5045