Windows 7 + FrameMaker 11 = BOOM!

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 11:37:29 PDT 2013

But the application is not the only thing using memory. Even if a 32-bit application can only address 4 GB, any additional installed memory can still be used by the OS and by other processes if a 64-bit OS is being used. Having more than 4 GB means that a 32-bit application will have a lot less contention for memory resources even if it can only access 1/2 or 1/3 of the total memory available to the OS.

-Fred Ridder