Chapter numbers

Fred Ridder docudoc at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 10 10:43:26 PDT 2013

What you describe is true because the "continue from previous file in book" numbering option is not a property of a chapter file. Because that option only has relevance when the file is part of a book, the behavior can only be set as part of the book file's properties. This logic allows the same chapter file to be used independently (with the numbering properties that are set within the file itself), or to be used in any number of different book files, each with its own numbering setup.

-Fred Ridder