Why we love Adobe Tech Support...

Cheryl Dwyer dwyercl2 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 12:31:28 PDT 2013

Warning, warning... <RANT>

Adobe's latest 'support trick' with me is to ALWAYS assume that any
application within the TS6--that my company purchased for me and that I duly
registered the serial number (along with the serial number for FrameMaker
11) within Adobe Tech Support--is, once again with each opening, STILL in
its 'trial' stage.

As such, it always requests that I register it with Adobe. After the third
or fourth time of this nonsense, I contacted tech support. They 'fixed the
problem'--for that day, at least--but the next time I tried to open another
TS6 application, I was again prompted to register the serial number. I had
the same thing happen with FM 11, which we purchased concurrently with TS6.
FM finally accepted the fact that it IS a legally registered product, and,
with the last two openings, the TS6 apps have finally seemed to be opening
as they should.

But ... it shouldn't take months of customer aggravation to achieve what
should happen automatically with the initial registration.
</RANT>

Ahhh, thanks, I feel much better now! ;-)

Cheryl Dwyer
Lead Tech Writer
Industrial Medium Software, Inc.
McLean, VA