Unwanted items in the TOC

Thu Aug 15 11:25:21 PDT 2013

Thomas Scalise wrote:

> I am working in Frame 11.0.0.380 on WIN 7.
>
> I have three unwanted items in my TOC. They appear on the TOC reference page
> and they are:
>
> <$paratext> <$pagenum>
> <$paratext> <$pagenum>
> <$paratext> <$pagenum>
>
> The first one is a ContentsTitleTOC.
> The second one is a LOFTitleTOC.
> The third is a LOTTitleTOC.
<snip>
> How do I get rid of the three entries in the TOC Reference page and make the
> deletion stick? I would appreciate your counsel. Thanks in advance.

Deleting those paragraphs from the reference page TOC flow doesn't stick because ContentsTitle, LOFTitle, and LOTTitle are still included in your TOC setup, so the corresponding *TOC pgfs are added back into the TOC flow when you regenerate the TOC.

In the book window, right-click the TOC file and click Set Up Table of Contents. In the dialog box, move ContentsTitle, LOFTitle, and LOTTitle from the Include Paragraphs Tagged list to the Don't Include list. Then click Set. That should fix it.

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.
richardDOTcombs AT polycomDOTcom