Font substitution

Smith, Andrew (UK, Rochester, Electronic Systems, Engineering) andrew.smith22 at baesystems.com
Wed Aug 21 10:04:09 PDT 2013

Hi all

I'm using Frame V7.1, working on a set of legacy documents that have come from another machine in a different age.

Working within a book some of the files report missing fonts, an old chestnut I know. I can live with the fact that it's substituting fonts but when I try to make a PDF of the book Frame reports that it cannot open the files, so it doesn't make the PDF. There is really no scope for putting new fonts on the machine.

What strikes me as odd is that, despite me having opened these files and resaving them, Frame still reports the fonts as missing, so any substitutions being made do not seem to be recorded.

Manually changing the fonts in each format is not really an option as there are loads of formats and quite a few entries in the documents show the asterisk for overrides, so I don't really want to go adjusting formats globally.

So the questions is this; is there a way of telling Frame to make the font substitution permanent once I've opened and resaved the files or is there another solution that I'm not aware of?

Cheers

Andy