problems creating pdf files from FM11

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 09:41:51 PDT 2013

Ken,

A comma has never been a legal character in a Windows file name, AFAIK. Nor
UNIX or Linux.... MS kind of says it's legal in a long file name, but
whether FM tripped on it or Windows did is kind of irrelevant...

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa368590(v=vs.85).aspx
for
more info.

My $0.02 would be to use the strictest file naming convention, UNIX or
Linux, because you never know when your files may end up in HTML, even if
you're not doing that currently. Much easier to be tighter on file names
from the beginning than have to rename them later...

Art Campbell
          art.campbell at gmail.com
  "... In my opinion, there's nothing in this world beats a '52 Vincent and
a redheaded girl." -- Richard Thompson
                                                      No disclaimers apply.
                                                               DoD 358

I support www.TheGrotonLine.com, hyperlocal news for Groton MA.