Disappearing Palette Items

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Aug 27 11:43:46 PDT 2013

On 2013-Aug-27 2:12 PM, Karen Robbins wrote:
> Hi Framers,
>
> Forgive me if I asked this before, I can't seem to locate a solution
> in my archives.
>
> This morning I opened Frame and my docked designers/palettes have all
> but disappeared.
>
> Yesterday, Find/Change, Replace Font, Marker, Paragraph, Character,
> Table, Object Properties, and a few others were docked together on my
> desktop. Today, only Find/Change and Replace Font are there; the rest
> have evaporated. Oh sure, I can reopen them from their menus. But why
> does my workspace change without cause? Obviously it's a huge waste of
> time to open palettes every day (or random days, since I never know
> when this will happen).
>
> Thanks,
> Karen

I don't know why they disappear, but the way to restore them quickly is
to set them up the way you like and then Save the workspace with a
suitable name. Then when things go wonky, just choose the Reset
command.  (All done from the workspace dropdown menu at the right end of
the menu bar.)

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers