Disappearing Palette Items

Craig Ede craigede at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 09:38:37 PDT 2013

The downloadable PDF from the help system is, in effect, the manual. I urge
everyone to download it and print it out. It's structure is far clearer than
it appears by clicking on links in the online bits & pieces.

I agree that the videos are very helpful and go far beyond the manual in
clarifying the concepts. Here's a post that I sent to this list in Feb of
2012:

> I'd suggest you go to:

> http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FrameMaker/9.0/Using/index.html

> Click on the "Getting Started" link and play the video that is offered.

> That should help you to get through the transition. It sure helped me

> realize how configurable (and resettable) the new interface is. It's

> almost an hour long, so following along clicking in your own interface

> can be pretty helpful for retention. Two screens are very useful to have
for that.

The instructions above lead to the same place as Mike's link in the message
I'm responding to.

Craig