ExtendScript and FDK experts, please help

Chris Despopoulos despopoulos_chriss at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 07:38:54 PST 2013

Becky Says:

 have recently started working with a team of people new to Frame, but
who have programming experience. We are trying to automate working with
xml files that use a home-grown schema. We have files set up for
successful opening and formatting in Frame 11.0.2.384 on Windows 7. We
are trying to get the annoying manual update steps of importing an EDD
and template styles automated. I am not able to offer any help in the
scripting or plugin-creation areas. I apologize for being vague. I can
clarify things if I know which questions to answer.

If I understand this correctly, you should not need to do any manual importing of the EDD or template styles.  You need to set up your template with EDD and formats, and assign it to the Structured Application that you are using.  Then, whenever you open your XML via this application, it should come into Maker with that template.  You might be having problems for the following reasons:
* No Struct App set up for your doc type
* Doc type not mapping to your struct app (check case or misspelling)
* Template not set up
* Template not resolving -- double-check paths

There is documentation to cover setting up a Structured Application.  I really think that's the key here.

cud