FM 7 and CS6 Illustrator art

Mon Feb 4 14:51:15 PST 2013

Arlyn_Lee at ea.epson.com wrote:

> Does anyone know of any issues importing CS6 Illustrator art into FM 7? We're
> still using FM 7 (obviously) and one of our vendors is planning on upgrading
> to CS6. Will they need to back save to a previous version? I vaguely recall
> hearing about art import issues, but maybe that was with earlier versions of
> FM. Thanks!

FM 7.x doesn't have an Adobe Illustrator filter and doesn't support import of native *.ai files (I think that was added in FM 9). I recall reading somewhere (probably this list) that it sometimes works if you use the EPS filter, but it's not supported/recommended. Save the Illustrator images as EPS (with TIFF preview) or PDF and import that. SVG might be another option, if AI supports saving as that. Obviously, you wouldn't want to convert those lovely scalable graphics into bitmaps.

HTH!

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Polycom, Inc.