FM 7 and CS6 Illustrator art

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 01:10:20 PST 2013

At 11:34 -0800 4/2/13, <Arlyn_Lee at ea.epson.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know of any issues importing CS6 Illustrator art into FM 7? We're still using FM 7 (obviously) and one of our vendors is planning on upgrading to CS6. Will they need to back save to a previous version? I vaguely recall hearing about art import issues, but maybe that was with earlier versions of FM. Thanks!

Just to add to what the others have posted, I circumvent .ai and save from Illustrator as editable PDF and it gives me no problems. It's in fact an advantage, as diagrams can be viewed in Reader. But yes, FrameMaker 7 can import .ai files - at least those from CS2, which is what I have here. Or at least he Mac version can: I don't know about Windows FrameMaker. I have v 10, but as yet no machine to run it on.

--
Steve