best web help add-on for FrameMaker 10?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Tue Feb 5 09:08:49 PST 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 15:11:28 -0800, Robert Lauriston <robert at lauriston.com> wrote:

>We've encountered JavaScript bugs in Internet Explorer 8 that break
>the TOC and search in RoboHelp 9's WebHelp output.
>
>We could fix that by upgrading to TCS 4, but that would cost $800, so
>I might as well look at other options for generating web help from
>unstructured FM.
>
>I've got MIF2Go so I'm trying that, but encountering some issues with
>Firefox.

To be clear, the only issue with Firefox you have reported
to us is with invoking OmniHelp from a Web application.
This has never been reported by anyone else, and cannot be
duplicated here...  We use OmniHelp in FireFox all the time.

>I'll give WebWorks ePublisher a try.
>http://www.indoition.com/online-help-authoring-tools-survey.htm says
>it costs $795 a year, does the license actually expire?

Mif2Go is $295 *perpetual*, with $75/year for upgrades
and support.  IOW, about 10% of ePP's cost...  ;-)

>Last time I tried Flare, the FrameMaker import was quite good but it
>needed some cleanup so wasn't a replacement for RoboHelp.
>
>Anything else out there?

SuiteHelp, perhaps?  AIR Help (if Adobe still supports it)?

  <jeremy at omsys.com>    http://mif2go.com/