"FrameMaker has detected a problem and must quit" Really?!

Ken Poshedly poshedly at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 14 05:44:45 PST 2013

I posted my first frameusers list inquiry Wednesday morning, but never saw it or
any replies for quite sometime.

After waiting an hour or so and not seeing either my message or any replies on
the frameusers list, I posted to the techwr-l e-mail list (and also cross-posted
to the frameusers list).

The techwr-l posting resulted in a multitude of replies within the same hour. I
would not have cross-posted if it had been received and displayed rather quickly
like on the techwr-l list.

My apologies for any annoyance to readers, but the extreme frameusers list lag
time was my concern because of the major problem at my office; it is only one
coworker and myself who handle tech pubs here, and with an inoperative
FrameMaker system here, that's half the department (of two people) down.

-- Ken in Atlanta