Catalog Definition Font Error?

Karen Robbins karendesign at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:03:50 PST 2013

Does "replace font" only replace the fonts of styles in use?

I recently began seeing a font error on opening a template document:
"Document named xxxxx.fm has catalog definitions that use unavailable
fonts. Formatting and printing are not affected, because these catalog
definitions are not currently used in the document. OK to continue?"

I had already replaced all fonts using Frame's "replace font" function. I
can't remember if I saw this error before replacing fonts.

In the paragraph catalog I removed one style, but I use all the rest.
Doesn't eliminate the error. Only Frame's default styles appear in the
character catalog; no evidence they contain anything other than installed
fonts.

Thanks,
Karen (FM11)