"FrameMaker has detected a problem and must quit" Really?!

Alan T Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Fri Feb 15 11:37:19 PST 2013

Ken,

I think you are wrong. The tone has not been argumentative, but
several people (myself included) have merely been saying the same/
similar things.

Now, if your co-worker is still experiencing problems with opening
files across the network then you need to look at the local
installation. Kapil has said there is no new bug in FM 11 that would
prevent it from opening and working with files on a network and that
FM 11 does the same that earlier versions did. I don't think you can
justifiably blame FM in this case. That being said, we have no idea of
what hardware and software comprise your network, nor do we know
anything about the software or configuration on the PC on which FM is
installed. Any of those may be contributing factors.

The advice you received is the easy out. It rules out two thirds of
possible problems and in this case it appears the cause may be
somewhere in that two thirds.

This same outcome has been observed by listers but with a range of
causes.

Good luck.

Alan

--