Frame 11 Appearance

Sharon Burton sharon at anthrobytes.com
Wed Feb 20 12:34:15 PST 2013

I have spent time with anyone on the TCS team I could find, complaining
about the UI for older eyes. It's a perfectly suitable UI for 25 year old
eyes and a perfectly wretched UI for older eyes. The low contrast tiny icons
are horrible and make my head hurt after an hour or so. Stronger contrast
with color would be the best. Maybe slightly larger icons, since we are
there.

And remember that Tech Comm is typically a second career, meaning by
definition we are going to have more older eyes than we might. So, this is
the wrong UI for the user base. They really need to listen to the users on
this.

Stop asking the 25 year old developers if they like the UI. Ask the USERS,
most of whom are not 25 years old.

And then don't get me started on the UI for Acrobat.

The UI for Photoshop probably works for that user base. But it's a mistake
to assume all Adobe products have that user base. Because we aren't. But
they are taking that UI and making it the default UI for all products. It's
the wrong UI for people not doing intense color work with 25 year old eyes.

sharon

Sharon Burton

951-369-8590

www.sharonburton.com