Double-page-spread figures

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 00:43:01 PST 2013

At 16:15 +0000 21/2/13, I wrote:

>Some of the figures in the book I'm working on will have to be spread over two pages. Obviously these will have to be facing pages.
>
>In the absence of the ability to float a paragraph in FrameMaker, the only thing I can think of is to use an empty 2pt para that contains both frame anchors, in the right order, and manually position it in the text.
>
>Is there a cleverer way?

Roger Shuttleworth has drawn my attention to the 'top of left/right page' options in the paragraph designer. In over 20 years of using FrameMaker, I'd never had cause to use them (although certainly not the other para positioning options), so had forgotten they were there. Duh!

(I still rather like my idea of floating paragraphs, though: could be used to write self-reorganising poetry ;-)

--
Steve