Frame versus XSL-FO

Ed Nodland enodland at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:40:45 PST 2013

I have been using Framemaker to produce two 1000 page publications every
October since 2006.  Now I am faced with two issues.

1) Clean up my XML, EDD and template file for full round trip capabilities;
and
2) Convert to a DITA structure prior to adding several other publications

The DITA community is leaning towards an editopr like OxygenXML and using
XSL-FO and a rendering package such as RenderX or Antenna House to produce
the PDF.

*I am interested in any opinions*.

Also, I could not find the search capability on frameusers.com to search
older topics by keyword other then the archive that looks like something
out of the 90's.  Am I missing some capability somewhere?

Thanks
Ed