Frame versus XSL-FO

Scott Prentice sp10 at leximation.com
Wed Feb 27 09:29:26 PST 2013

Harro...

Yes .. $200K is a bit extreme, and hopefully not the norm, but that is
what can happen over a number of years of tweaking and adjustments of FO
stylesheets. Something that many groups do as a natural course of events
through FrameMaker templates. My main point is that it's good to be
aware that you'll need to outsource a task (page and layout design) that
your existing employees are perfectly qualified to perform, when
switching to an FO-based publishing workflow. Other benefits may offset
that expense, which is fine.

Cheers,

...scott