FrameMaker 10 does not start ("licensing expired")

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 14:28:45 PST 2013

Hi all,

I encountered this error message as well. Here are my findings:

*I have TCS 3.5. I am running FM 10 on a Win 7, 64 bit box.
*If I set the clock to a date prior to January 1st, 2013, then FM will open
successfully. Note that once FrameMaker is open, I actually switch my clock
back to the correct time and everything seems to work fine. I guess I'll
just never close FrameMaker until there's a fix or go through the process
of toggling my system clock backward and forward. Joy!!
*I tried solution 2 as described here and it did not work for me:
http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-product-expired-cs4.html.
I am not willing to try solution 3 unless I have some assurance it will
actually resolve the problem. A complete uninstall/reinstall is radical and
incredibly time consuming.

As others mentioned, the clock change is better then not having access to
FrameMaker but it is a completely unacceptable workaround even for the
short term. I really hope Adobe comes out with a fix for this ASAP.

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini