FM 10 Licence Failure

grant at hedgewizard.net grant at hedgewizard.net
Tue Jan 1 17:15:33 PST 2013

FWIW, I just wasted 2.5 h today with Adobe Technical support, and they don't
have a clue about what might be causing the FM10 license failure.
We have uninstalled, installed, uninstalled and run the Adobe CS cleaner, then
reinstalled, and gotten exactly nowhere, other than to prove that none of the
known "fixes" work.

My personal suspicion is that some programmer put a "drop-dead" date in the
licensing application used for FM10 only of Jan 1 2013 (or possibly
12:59:59:12:2012), and nobody at Adobe tested for operation beyond that date.
(Reason? All the other applications in TC Suite 3.5 work just fine...)

Wonder if we can bill Adobe for all the lost productivity hours????

Seriously annoyed (but probably not as annoyed as Tom Aldous is going to be...)

Grant Hogarth