FrameMaker 10 does not start ("licensing expired") and FM Performance

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 18:23:20 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have additional, highly disturbing information to pass on. It's possible
that this is a coincidence. However, I find it extraordinarily unlikely,
since I've never seen this performance hit until today. Today I am seeing
HORRENDOUS performance from FrameMaker, I have never seen FM go so slow to
do such simple tasks as updating or searching through a book.

Here are some of the things I am seeing:

*Updating a book that's only a few hundred pages cause FrameMaker to freeze
and become unresponsive for a minute or more. Its even worse if there are
actual errors found during the update process such as broken XREF.
*opening a framemaker file now has a noticeable lag of a few seconds.
*Search a book of a few hundred pages or doing a find/replace causes
framemaker to freeze and become unresponsive for a minute more.

Note that I've had this book for years and used it in framemaker 10 without
a problem until today. And no I have done nothing to the book or the files
today.

Is anyone else noticing a performance degradation in FM 10?

Here's some detailed information.

*Win 7, 64 bit
*8 GB of RAM
*solid state drive
*Intel Core i5-2540M CPU
*TCS 3.5, FM 10
*All framemaker files are stored locally on my computer

Sincerely,
Joseph Lorenzini