Configuration control for imported Graphics

Chris Coggins cacoggins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:18:42 PST 2013

Can anyone offer suggestions for tight configuration control over graphics
that are imported into framemaker documents? We're actually embedding
images into the documents because we are unable to link by reference due to
Sharepoint limitations. Right now we're manually checking for current
graphics using file dates, but it's a burdensome extra step that sometimes
gets overlooked when publishing books on a tight deadline, which sometimes
results in older graphics in the compiled books.

The graphics are all stored in individual folders on the server for
graphics control issues, rather than in one folder for all graphics.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris