Using PDF for context-sensitive help

Rick Quatro rick at rickquatro.com
Fri Jan 4 14:33:15 PST 2013

This is one of the benefits of TimeSavers: you can use pdfmark commands in
FrameMaker using markers instead of PostScript text frames. This avoids the
anchored frames and text frames. I have used and supported TimeSavers for
years and it is well worth the money.

You could go further and automate the insertion of the TimeSavers markers.
For example, if you had a spreadsheet of headings and help IDs, you could
use FrameScript (or ExtendScript with FrameMaker 10 or higher) to read the
spreadsheet and insert the IDs in the correct locations in your FrameMaker
document or book. This would make the whole process pretty seamless. Please
let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

585-283-5045